Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting Tired...

It has been almost 6 years since I started to invest in Iraq. Back when the war started, I was a middle school teacher. I started to do some research on how I can help with the troops... I cam across a site a while back which put me into contact with some of the troops over in Iraq, which had no families or anyone who they felt cared about them. I started emailing letters back and forth. I met some real nice troops. I would send them some gifts from the US. They would send me Iraqi Dinar. I thought it was a joke, but all the troops I spoke with said to hold on to the money... it would be a LOOOONG term investment.

After that I started looking into this new currency and started to buy up as much as I could, thinking... whats the worst that could happen??? The paper would never be worth anything...

Well, 7 years after the war started I am now sitting on a few million Iraqi Dinar. Family and friends used to laugh at the thought of "wasting my money", but I felt different. Over the years the Iraqi Dinar has been appreciating slooooow, but still steady. I have already doubled my investment. I started to get phone calls from friends and relatives when the Baghdad Stock Exchange made the front page of the NY Post.

I am still hanging in there for the long haul. I am not giving up... I just wish that if and when Iraq goes international, that they are or become a stable nation. I would hate for the US to have sacrificed all those lives for nothing...

I am just getting tired... seems like the world is just going to crap.

No comments:

Search Results